101 West Main Street, Suite 101, Norfolk, VA

Wrongful Termination in Virginia

When are You Entitled to a Leave of Absence by Law?s, Pierce/McCoy, Virginia Employment Law Lawyers

Advocating on Behalf of Employees

Virginia law prohibits employers from terminating an employee in violation of a state public policy, such as firing an employee in retaliation for refusing to aid the employer in illegal activity or for filing a claim under the Workers’ Compensation Act. Federal law provides broader protection to employees, making it unlawful to terminate based on discriminatory reasons or in retaliation for exercising a protected “right” under the law.

If you have been fired illegally or unjustly, The Labor and Employment division of Pierce / McCoy can help you understand your legal rights and options. You may have a wrongful termination claim against your former employer. Contact a Virginia wrongful termination lawyer today to learn more.

Have You Been Wrongfully Terminated?

  • Were you fired on the basis of race, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, military status, pregnancy, or other protected status?
  • Did your employer fire you after you reported an act of harassment, discrimination, or other wrongdoing by your employer?
  • Did your employer cause or fail to address a hostile work environment situation, forcing you to quit your job?

If so, we invite you to contact our law firm to schedule a consultation. You may have a wrongful termination claim against your employer. A wrongul termination attorney can help you explore your options and determine the best way to challenge your termination.

Federal Employees

While legal protections are available for private-sector employees who have been wrongfully terminated, additional protections apply to federal employees. Our firm will work to determine what federal protections apply in your case, and help you determine the most appropriate course of legal action.

Contact The Labor and Employment division of Pierce / McCoy

Call 757-624-9323 or complete our online contact form to discuss your claim.

Call today! (757) 304-8846